Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ragnar Wasatch Back

This year at the last minute I was lucky enough to sub for someone who ended up getting injured.  Yea for me, sad face for them.  If anyone has ever done one of these Ragnar relays, they are a complete party.  A group of 12 runners take turns running 188 mile.  The Wasatch Back goes from Logan to Park City.  Our team took 30 hours to run it.  So much dang fun.  I was a little nervous because I did not know a single soul.  If our personalities clashed, that is a long time in a van with a group of people that you only get a break from when it is your turn to run.  At 3 in the morning I told everyone "I am so glad I don't hate you guys"  Of course we laughed and they all said "likewise!"  I wish I had more pictures.  I am trying to steam some from some of my team mates but it has been unsuccessful so far.

This is the normal team before everyon starts getting a little loopy from exahustion
And this would be the team at 3 am :)  Slightly psycho
Road kills refers to the number of people you pass while running.  I tried to get 10 at every leg (each person runs 3)  The first time I did get 10, leg 2 - 12 and leg 3 a measly 4
This is the boy side of the van
and the much more awesome girl side.
Thanks team Wolfpack for letting a total stranger into your team