Saturday, November 19, 2011

Rockwell Relay

My friend asked me if I wanted to ride the Rockwell Relay with her.  Everyone knows I am always up for a fun event.  It was about 170 miles, which means we both did right around 85-ish.  The legs were about 20 miles each so basically you ride for an hour, rest for an hour.  By the time I was supposed to do my 4th leg, I was tired.  All that starting and stopping wore me out more than I thought it would.  Plus it was a windy day.  That always blows (no pun intended, well, maybe a little intended)

This was first thing in the morning before the event started
 Leg 1 - off I go
This is Kia riding up Trappers Loop, it was long and steep and she did so good
 Our little trouper Addison.  She loves wearing hats, bike helmets included
Random exchange points

 My social little butterfly.  She will talk to anyone.  And of course they all love it since she is so dang adorable.
This is us riding into the finish together, still smiling.  It was a ton of fun.
 What cute jerseys, the benefit of having a women's only ride ... stuff is cuter :)